Reading. I've had numerous reading marathons!!
The latest one was when I started 'The Wheel of Time', by Robert Jordan, when I'd spent pretty much all day (and half the nights) DEVOURING those books!
1. Make a list of 5 things that you can see without getting up
Ally, my coffee, Pips, TV, Laptop
2. How do you style your hair?
Depends.... Straighten it out, or pull it up with a clip, or pull it back, depends on the day... lol
3. What are you wearing now?
Yoga Pants and tshirt
4. What's your occupation?
Full time Mama
5. What do you hear right now?
Pips singing along to Concrete Blonde
6. Who was the last person you hugged?
7. What is/was for dinner?
Pork Chops, either fried taters or mac n cheese (gotta see if I have enough noodles), and just started the dough for some dinner rolls to go with it all...
8. What did you do today?
Made stepping stones with the girls, finished sewing the covers for the patio chair cushions, cleaned the house, and laundry... which the last two I'm still doing...
9. Dog person or cat person?
Dogs, all the way.
10. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
11. What was the last thing that you bought?
Milk, Eggs, Go-Gurts, Bread, and the newspaper
12. If you could afford to go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
HOME :-D although I do wanna see the Australian Outback
13. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Running my pre-teen children all over the greater Columbus Area. lmao
14. Where's your birthmark?
which one?! lol
15. What are you doing this weekend?
Clean, clean, clean, and finish up a couple more craft projects we got lined up
16. If you could play any musical instrument, which one would you play?
17. How are you?
Wearing down, but great
18. What are you doing tomorrow?
Not sure yet
19. What are you looking forward to the most?
SUMMER!!! LOL I am looking forward to enjoying the nice weather, hanging out outback on the patio with my Family and my dearest friends, listening to music, watching the kids splash in the pool, hopping in ourselves, enjoying a nice cold beer, and eating Steaks fresh off the firepit, staying up late, roasting marshmallows and catching fireflies with the kids. And taking kids and dogs down to the creek to play :-D Ahhhh summer!!!!
- Current Mood: content
Anyways. Maddy went to the Pedi on Thursday.. She is doing really well, no problems, still growing. for the moment. lol
Amanda came with us. We went to Lunch afterwards, and then to Garden ridge to scope out the merchandise they are setting out for their big annual sale that's coming up, and then the grocery store. and eventhough we left the house at like 10 that morning, by the time we got out of the grocery store it was already 3:20, so we just went straight over to the school to pick ally up. No point in going home for 10 min. lol
It was a fun day though!
Friday i ran around trying to get the housework in order, and I needed to call Rosie, so that took a few hours, lol. And then Tonia asked me if I wanted to meet her at petsmart that night, so Dad came down to babysit, and Red and I headed over there to meet up with Tonia, Walker, and Tank. it was a fun meet up, for Dogs and humans alike. Bought a Kong Wobbler..... for Red... since he LOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEES Kongs. Only... he hasn't gotten much chance to play with it as of yet. Lola has taken it over!! we were all shocked and cracking up watching Lola! it's like she's turned back into a puppy! she loves that thing!
And then yesterday Tonia and I went out for lunch and then had our hair appointment. Always fun times! i don't think many people have as much fun going to get their hair done as we always have. :-P
Today I have a ton of laundry to do, including all the couch cushion covers, an pillow covers. YUCK!
So i've been saving up Amazon gift cards I've gotten, and been watching the specials i get through the amazon prime account (and can I just say how annoying this shift key is being!) and yesterday i FINALLY did it! i bought myself a Kitchen Aid stand mixer. I got the big 6 qt one along with some attachments for the price of a 4 1/2 qt one! yea, still $230, but yano, I will use it a lot. i constantly make bread, rolls, pastries, noodles, and and and. so I'll be using it several times a week. i can't wait!! i've been wanting one of those for YEARS. I'm totally stoked!!!!!!!!!! it's scheduled to arrive Wednesday. I should be able to make some dinner rolls, UPS usually comes around 2pm. that would leave me enough time to whip some up. :-D
Yes, the little things in life.................... ^.^
- Current Mood: chipper
I have this photo printer, a really good one, but it's not used a lot... Anyways, ALL OF A SUDDEN it only prints Clifford Coloring Pages. One, actually. Over, and over, and over, and over. No matter what I do. It's been unplugged for months. We only use it for pictures, so it's not on the network, it doesn't stay connected to a computer, it doesn't even stayed plugged in. We only get it out when we need it.
Yet, despite all that, it only prints that daggone clifford page. Doesn't even show up in the tab for the printer, it just prints it on it's own.
When I try to print off the memory stick, it just fails. No error message, no explanation, nothing. Just exactly that - nothing happens.
I'd hate to throw it out, it isn't that old, and obviously, doesn't get used THAT much, so it's still in very good shape.
But, I kinda need to print something other than that clifford crap.
- Current Mood: annoyed
A survey to reflect on the past year:
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Went to a book convention thingy in Atlanta :-D
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions, I think the entire concept is silly
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness!
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
I can't really think of anything.... Even MORE quality time with loved ones
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The entire week my aunt and cousin from Germany were here to visit. Because I hadn't seen them in 10years, and we had such a BLAST, such a wonderful time spent together. I realized just how much I miss my family!!!!!! But took every second we were given together, and made it memorable!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
There's tons of em. Some I'd rather not mention here in this meme
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I didn't buy it, but we got a new pool :-D
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My kids :-D
13. Whose behavior, what situations appalled and depressed you?
Certain "relatives" of mine, particularly during the above mentioned visit of my family from back home. I would've expected more of someone.
14. Where did most of your money go?
LOL The house and cars and grocery store
15. What events did you get really, really, really excited about?
My aunt and cousin's visit, and the trip to Atlanta
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
hahahaha Dolly Parton's 'I Will Always Love You' it became Jassi (my cousin from back home), Amanda and my song :`-(
17. Compared to this time last year, you are…
not quite AS excited for the next year
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Gardening. Last year was such a blur, the garden was grossly neglected
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family and friends, doing what we do best - ENJOY LIFE
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Haven't fallen out of love yet ;-)
22. What was your favorite TV program?
The Big Bang Theory, Shit my Dad says, and House
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Don't "hate" the people, but... things have changed
24. What was the best book you read?
Hm... there were quite a couple... Tower's of Midnight I suppose, as it was long awaited. lol
25. What was your greatest musical discovery or rediscovery?
haha all those 90's and 80's songs Jassi, Amanda, and I got into
26. What did you want and get?
My aunt and cousin coming :-D
27. What did you want and not get?
For things with the family to get better
28. What were your favorite films of this year?
Grown Ups and The Other Guys
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We hung out, had a fire, ate, drank, laughed, as usual. And I was another year older.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Like I said before, if relationships with some people would've improved
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
LOL SWIM SUITS!
32. What kept you sane?
My rocks - Tonia and Amanda
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
quite a few. Between the ongoing war and the economy.....
34. Whom did you miss?
My Mama. She would've so loved to see her older sister again. :-(( And she would've pulled the family together and put an end to all this stupidity
35. Who was the best new person you met?
uhm... I honestly don't know. LOL Maybe Tommy Gilbert ;-)
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
If that light at the end of the tunnel does turn out to be a train, flatten yourself to the ground, ya just might make it yet!
- Current Mood: calm
To all my LJ Moms!!!! Enjoy your day!
As I sit here on the chaise, enjoying this GORGEOUS evening with a cold beer, by a nice warm fire (yea, the chaise on the back patio, lol) I do feel compelled to write this post.
Of course 1) cause I have a kick ass family and kick ass friends that I couldn't live without
2) Because we have such a kick ass house that I have my flowerbeds and veggie/fruit garden that keeps me happy
( 3) OUR CREEK Collapse )
Life is FANTASTIC
- Current Mood: loved
Today the doorbell rang and my package from Jung came. Radishes, Onions, Garlic, Cilantro, Bell Peppers, and lord knows what else I've ordered. hahaha
Anywho.... IT'S FREAKING POURING OUTSIDE!
Same last week when my landscaper's Fabric came. IT WAS RAINING.
I donno who's in charge of the weather around here, but damn it that person needs to be shit canned!
Remember my home made greenhouse? My tomato seeds bit the dust. Not sure what happened.
Anywho, I went ahead over the weekend and after laying the fabric and getting the cold weather seeds in, I sowed Tomato seeds. I've done seeds directly in the garden one year, with Cherry tomatoes, when I forgot them earlier *blush* And they did awesome. So I'm hoping this'll work out for me again. *squeezes thumbs here*
ARGH I just wanna go plant the rest of my cold weather stuff! stupid weather!
- Current Mood: frustrated