A survey to reflect on the past year:
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Went to a book convention thingy in Atlanta :-D
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions, I think the entire concept is silly
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness!
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
I can't really think of anything.... Even MORE quality time with loved ones
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The entire week my aunt and cousin from Germany were here to visit. Because I hadn't seen them in 10years, and we had such a BLAST, such a wonderful time spent together. I realized just how much I miss my family!!!!!! But took every second we were given together, and made it memorable!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
There's tons of em. Some I'd rather not mention here in this meme
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I didn't buy it, but we got a new pool :-D
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My kids :-D
13. Whose behavior, what situations appalled and depressed you?
Certain "relatives" of mine, particularly during the above mentioned visit of my family from back home. I would've expected more of someone.
14. Where did most of your money go?
LOL The house and cars and grocery store
15. What events did you get really, really, really excited about?
My aunt and cousin's visit, and the trip to Atlanta
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
hahahaha Dolly Parton's 'I Will Always Love You' it became Jassi (my cousin from back home), Amanda and my song :`-(
17. Compared to this time last year, you are…
not quite AS excited for the next year
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Gardening. Last year was such a blur, the garden was grossly neglected
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family and friends, doing what we do best - ENJOY LIFE
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Haven't fallen out of love yet ;-)
22. What was your favorite TV program?
The Big Bang Theory, Shit my Dad says, and House
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Don't "hate" the people, but... things have changed
24. What was the best book you read?
Hm... there were quite a couple... Tower's of Midnight I suppose, as it was long awaited. lol
25. What was your greatest musical discovery or rediscovery?
haha all those 90's and 80's songs Jassi, Amanda, and I got into
26. What did you want and get?
My aunt and cousin coming :-D
27. What did you want and not get?
For things with the family to get better
28. What were your favorite films of this year?
Grown Ups and The Other Guys
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We hung out, had a fire, ate, drank, laughed, as usual. And I was another year older.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Like I said before, if relationships with some people would've improved
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
LOL SWIM SUITS!
32. What kept you sane?
My rocks - Tonia and Amanda
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
quite a few. Between the ongoing war and the economy.....
34. Whom did you miss?
My Mama. She would've so loved to see her older sister again. :-(( And she would've pulled the family together and put an end to all this stupidity
35. Who was the best new person you met?
uhm... I honestly don't know. LOL Maybe Tommy Gilbert ;-)
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
If that light at the end of the tunnel does turn out to be a train, flatten yourself to the ground, ya just might make it yet!
- Current Mood: calm